Advise on Skimmer

kaseykagan

We have a 130gallon fish only tank started. We do not have a sump on this tank. We need some advise on a good skimmer we could use. i would like for it to be easy to clean and also look tidy on the side of our tank.

thegrog

Hmmm, the problem is that for a tank that size, you will need a larger skimmer. Not many HOT skimmers can really handle that size. You may have to go with two of them. I would recommend the AquaC Remora Pro skimmer. They have a sleek black design and work great. Two of them would work great, but you may be able to get by with one if you have a smaller bioload.

lukemeister

Yeah I was gonna say the same, two Remora's or somthing like that. I almost feel like one Remora is overpowered for my 75 gal tank at times though.

fbm

Coralife super skimmer 220 can hang on the tank. And I think it looks pretty good as well. And I don't believe you will find one better for the money. They can be had less than 155 delivered to the house.

joncat24

I second the coralife ss220.....I don't think it can be touched for the money. there is a well known website that has it on sale right now for $142....if you search ss220 and a guy named "big al" you will find it.