Aerate RO/Di saltmix?

raptor72

I was reading in a forum where someone was saying that RO/DI water had to be aerated in their mixing can while the salt was dissolving. Is this in addition to a circulation pump or does that do the trick also?
Sent from my overpriced iPod Touch using Tapatalk

bang guy

Once it's mixed just a small amount of flow is needed to keep it aerated. While pouring in the salt the water should be as turbulent as possible. Get your arm into it or use a plastic blade on a high speed drill. If undissolved salt is landing on the bottom of the container then its not being stirred enough or the salt is being added too quickly. If salt gathers on the bottom then all of the trace elements are not going to dissolve properly.

lol

If you are constantly getting any residue left behind, as Bang said, the trace elements aren't getting mixed in well enough.
I've always read that a saltwater mixing pump should have a minimum of 1200gph. I use a Mag 12 to mix mine, ... never really had any problems.

lol

Eh, I guess you're right. lol. I'll keep that in mind and try it out sometime. Thanks.