After I have acclimated a fish, how long before I can turn on my lights

kyarnkid

I just acclimated an algae blenny and I was wondering when I can turn on the lights so I can see the little guy.
By the way this sucker is really neat looking.

carbo

as a rule I leave my lights out for about 24 hrs. before I turn them back on. reduces stress greatly.

fshhub

do you have naything else in there, that may be aggressive, if not, now, if so, i would give it a couple of hours, but i think that you don't have anything that aggressive(other than a couple of damsels)

fshhub

you probably won't have a prob, as i said, they are pretty much fearleess fish, but if hte damsels dogive you probs, jsut try rearragning some rock,
and please don't give up on the perc yet, maybe he/she'll make it

kyarnkid

Well, I tried to feed him today and he just looked at it, I feel so bad for him, its like I cannot even help him. I also got some frozen brine today and he would not even eat that, he just let it go right by him.
Also he is sinking in the tank. He used to swim near the top and now he just floats in the same spot near the bottom of my tank.
The shark Terry told me that flake food can be rancid some times to fish. Maybe thats what happened to him. Oh well, hub I will keep you updated.
You got frozen brine cubes don't you, if so how do you feed it to them and do you use the whole cube each time?

fshhub

the stuff we got is in a block, about 1/4 inch thick and 2.6 x 5 inches(roughly)
we jsut break off a small piece, and soak it in water and vitamins, until thawed nad no longer cold, then, are you ready???????
out comes old reliable, THE TURKEY BASTER, and give them a lil dose at a time, and when the fish slow down, we sotp, depending on you fish, it may require different amounts, but you sill figure that out, in a case like yours, we would give it almost directly to the fish needing food, sometimes this may help coax them into eating
HTH

kyarnkid

Well if I clean out the one I have in my kitchen will it be ok to use?
Or would it be to risky to use?

fshhub

being as it has been washe, in soap, i would consider geting a new one, if possible, if not, rinse in real hot water for a long time, and be very sure it has no detergent residue at all left behind

kyarnkid

Wish me luck I am going to get a new one and see if my perc will eat. Maybe he just needs some nutrition in his diet