AGA drilled 125 plumbing question...

my5girls

I jsut go tmy 125 AGA drilled with 2 overflows. They have intake holes on the top, middle and bottom. I also got the overflow plumbing kit. Is that the same as the durso set-up? IS it going to be loud with just the AGA plumbing kit?
Also, how do you stop an overflow in a power outage with the intakes on the middle and bottom of the overflow also and not just at the top? Would it just keep draining and draining? I plan to have a fuge and a sump underneath totalling around 55-60 gallons..how do I keep it from flooding in an outage?

granny

Um, Did You Say There Are Holes In The Middle And The Bottom Of The Overflow Intake????
How Far Up From The Bottom Of The Tank Are They?
That Sounds Scary To Me-where We Live The Power Goes Off Regulary.
It Sounds Like You Will Need Some Kind Of An Auto Shut Off Valve To Stop The Water Flow When Power Is Off-havent A Clue How To Rig It-seems Like The Manufacturer Of Your Tank Should Speak To That In The Tank Info Since It Is A Common Concern.

juddster

Dont worry about the holes that are middle and lower, they dont feed directly, if you look at the tank from the back you will see there is a sleeve that runs up the back of the overflow compartment. If your power is lost you will only siphon water from the tank down to the top of the first hole in the overflow.

dogstar

Juddster is right. The water will only drain down to the top of the inner lip inside the overflow box when the power goes off. However the return line spraying water back in the tank must have a small hole in it AT the top water line so that it will stop siphoning water down to the sump when power is off.
I dont know how quite the AGA standpipes are because I dont use them. I use dursos.
Make sure under nomal conditions that the sump has enough room in it to hold the amount of water that WILL drain back to the sump when you loose power. Best to do test and make a mark on the sump to were it should not be filled above when doing topoffs.

mavgi

Originally Posted by my5girls
I jsut go tmy 125 AGA drilled with 2 overflows. They have intake holes on the top, middle and bottom. I also got the overflow plumbing kit. Is that the same as the durso set-up? IS it going to be loud with just the AGA plumbing kit?
Also, how do you stop an overflow in a power outage with the intakes on the middle and bottom of the overflow also and not just at the top? Would it just keep draining and draining? I plan to have a fuge and a sump underneath totalling around 55-60 gallons..how do I keep it from flooding in an outage?
i have the same the quit my sump/fuge 55 gallon to , and it's ok if you don't have pump buy the mag12 it will be quite and low heat.