AGA Overflow assembly question?

attml

I am putting in the Megaflow overflow kit for my new 120 AGA reef ready tank. The directions for this thing are vague and extremely confusing!!! It sounds like they are telling me not to glue the drain pipe or return pipe into the bulkheads at all. This sounds like a leak waiting to happen. Does it work to "press fit" the drain and return into the bulkhead or has anyone had leaking problems with this? Thanks!!
Mark

bigmac

Originally posted by attml
It sounds like they are telling me not to glue the drain pipe or return pipe into the bulkheads at all.

Mark,
I'm not familiar with this overflow. They probably don't you to glue it for easy removal.... Its all threaded connections, right?

ryebread

We have installed quite a few of them at work and we have just decided to glue them now. I installed three of them without gluing and I didn't have any incidents of leaking but, to be safe we are using glue on all of them now. It's easy enough just to replace the bulkhead if need be.

attml

Mark,
It isn't threaded you just push it in and hope for the best which makes me nervous! Threaded would be better!!
Rye,
Thanks! I may glue it to be safe!!! My ballast will be under the tank and I don't want to take any chances!!
Thanks again!
Mark