Aggressive or not?

hawkfish:)

I have been experiencing many fish disappearances; such as:
* Red Scooter Blenny (juvenile)
* Two Spot Goby (adult)
* Orange Spotted Watchman Goby ( adult and large)
Note: all bottom dwelling fish!
Could any of these fish,coral,or invert. be the culprit???
*Lawn Mower Blenny
* False Percula Clown Fish
* Blue Damsel Fish
* Black Strip Damsel Fish (gone now)
*Longnose Hawkfish
* Purple Tip Anenome
* Green Emerald Crab
*Red Striped Hermit Crabs
* Button Pylops
* Green Mushroom
* Xenias
Note: all these oganisms were researched by yours truley.

120reefer

Have an open top tank? If so, I would check the floor..
blennies, gobies, and jawfish are notorious tank jumpers. All but 1 from your list of tankmates are good to go.. but that damsel

worrballer

I've read that LMB can become territorial. Maybe he thought the gobies and blenny were treading on his turf.
Or the hawkfish spooked them and they jumped.

fishkid13

Originally Posted by hawkfish:)
http:///forum/post/3070627
I have been experiencing many fish disappearances; such as:
* Red Scooter Blenny (juvenile)
* Two Spot Goby (adult)
* Orange Spotted Watchman Goby ( adult and large)
Note: all bottom dwelling fish!
Could any of these fish,coral,or invert. be the culprit???
*Lawn Mower Blenny
* False Percula Clown Fish
* Blue Damsel Fish
* Black Strip Damsel Fish (gone now)
*Longnose Hawkfish
* Purple Tip Anenome
* Green Emerald Crab
*Red Striped Hermit Crabs
* Button Pylops
* Green Mushroom
* Xenias
Note: all these oganisms were researched by yours truley.
What is in read could be the problem. Hawkfish don't like having to share space, expecially in a small system. What size is your tank? How mature is it? Dragontes need established systems to live in. The could have touched the anemone and it snatched the up, just a possiablty. I would say it was the hawkfish or the LMB, the both can become very territoraly. I would think they would fight with each other too. Do they have any nipped fin's?

olemiss

I'd put money on the purple tip, but have you considered a possible hitch-hiker... mantis or gorilla crab?

tang4me

Originally Posted by fishkid13
http:///forum/post/3071318
What is in read could be the problem. Hawkfish don't like having to share space, expecially in a small system. What size is your tank? How mature is it? Dragontes need established systems to live in. The could have touched the anemone and it snatched the up, just a possiablty. I would say it was the hawkfish or the LMB, the both can become very territoraly. I would think they would fight with each other too. Do they have any nipped fin's?
I can't believe it would be the hawfish. My guess is something else is going on.

120reefer

I highly doubt that its the hawk.. or the anemone.. or the LMB. There is just no way those fish could "kill" the missing livestock. Two out of the 3 fish that are missing are of adult size, the other is a juvi but still, im sure its at least 1 1/2"-2" in size. If anything, the hawk or LMB probably chased/startled them, causing the fish to "jump ship." As for the anemone being the culprit... doubtful unless ALL 3 fish were already in a poor state of health.. Im sticking with my gut... check the floor
BTW.. even if it was a fish that caused the death of all 3 of the missing livestock... my first guess would be on that blue devil

ophiura

Is it only a two month old tank? Set up new? In that case it is highly likely that these losses are due to that :( that is a lot of fish in a young tank.