Aggressive

tomclx

Hi Guys,
I cuurently have a 100 gallon FOWLR with nothing but a JUVI Blue HIPPO. Can I add a trigger and a puffer? I really like these two fish.
What is compatible with a Trigger?
Thanks

dknewyork

I have a Hippo Tang, Porcupine puffer, Niger, Humu, Clown, Undulated triggerfishes all are juveniles. I got a fairly big Pinktail too. The Hippo gets picked on from time to time but nothing major. Got some nips on the fins but still looks great.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by tomclx
Hi Guys,
I cuurently have a 100 gallon FOWLR with nothing but a JUVI Blue HIPPO. Can I add a trigger and a puffer? I really like these two fish.
What is compatible with a Trigger?
Thanks
Hey Tom - how big is the juvi tang? If she is less than 2 inches I would be weary of putting her in with a larger puffer. From experience with my puffer, he ate an entire school of green chromis for dinner.
I had a Hippo tang and a porcupine puffer together since I started my original 75g. They outgrew the tank in less than a year. They will work together, but be ready to get the 180 minimum when they get bigger.
As far as triggers, it depends on the one you want. Nigers, Pink tails, crosshatches are good additions. They are less aggressive.
I have a Niger currently and will be adding a clown into my tank within the next 3 weeks.

ccampbell57

Be careful of the undulated. These guys are pure evil! They will attack and kill anything in the tank with them eventually.
The ungulated, queen, and Titan triggers are classic examples of specimen tanks where they should be kept alone.