Aggressives in a 55 gal?

cprdnick

I thought most eels would outgrow a 55 gal. I'm not sure if I want eels just yet. I'm living with my parents for the moment and if I bring something home that needs a secure top my mom will probably start sleeping on the porch. She about freaks out everytime I bring my Iguana into the living room. She climbs the wall like my ig does, lol.

moraym

you can keep a SFE in a 55. but if you don't want eels, then I'd say a dwarf lion with an angler. sounds like a sweet tank.

cprdnick

I was thinking another FuManchu Lion atleast. I like the idea of an angler, but how well do they handle lions in the same tank?
Clint

zemuro114

with my experience with 55's.. i have had a snowflake eel, a huma huma trigger, a small lion, and a porcupine puffer all at one time. The lion became sick which past on to the huma. Both died.. although got along VERY well for 2 or so months. Eels are very hardy when with aggressive fish. Mine keeps to himself and i hand feed him. Puffer is a baby and loves attention. Any lion and puffers (same size) will be a great tank. full of personality.. good luck

gregvabch

i'd say any of the smaller puffers (tobies) would work in a 55 as well. i like the saddleback valentinis.

birdy

Zemuro- next to the post reply tab is a new thread tab, click on it and you can start a new thread and ask a question.

cprdnick

Now why would you tell me to buy something for a tank if I can't get one???? :notsure: lol.
Clint

cgpuffers

Eels, Tobies, Dwarf Lions, Anglers, Frogfish, Batfish, Or A Small Trigger If You Plan To Upgrade. These Would All Be Interesting Specimens In A 55 Gallon Tank.

drkdweller

chainlinks are awsome. I got one because SFE are so common everybodys got sfe, chains grow to be the same size as a sfe there a little more agressive than the sfe, but there easy to find just ask your LFS if they have it on there distributers list and they can order them they cost about 35-40. i paid 40 for mine hes over a foot ill post pic later.