Ahhhhhhhhhh! Sand!

I just put in some sand(old castle) and i cant even see the fish! It is very murky. My mom thinks the fish are gonna die! Will it be ok!!!

cb

What kind of sand did you add? If it was Southdown then it should be ok. The murky water will not hurt the fish or I should say it did not hurt mine and cleared up over night.

tangman99

Should not be a problem. My fish were all fine when I added my aragonite. You could see an eye up next to the glass at times and that was about it.

T

thomas712

No it should not hurt the fish, they can take it. I have heard of people saying to run carbon and it will help clear up the cloudiness or I prefer changing the filter floss because it can get clogged with the silt, which is still good silt, but it should not be clogging your plumbing or filters. So keep them clean.
Keep and eye on the ph, all new aragonite sand can have an effect on the ph.
Thomas

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THE HIPPO IS ON HIS SIDE SCARED AS HELL BREATHING HEAVILY! I USED OLD CASTLE SAND.WILL HE BE OK!!!! HELP FAST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :mad: :eek:

the claw

I would filter with some carbon as soon as possible, and do a waterchange, without stressing my fish too much in the process.
I know its not going to help you now, but I always wash my sand before I add it. I don't know if thats customary, but I find it works better for me. Good luck!:(

danielsol10

its ok just get a small towel and place it in the wet dry along with the filter flos and it will get all of the small particles in the water. otherwise whenver you move a rock it will happen again.
just make sure its a new towel and clean it every couple of hours untill its clear..