aiptasia on my hammer coral?

nietzsche

my bc14 has had an explosion of aiptasias. first there were just two large ones but since i tried using aiptasia X, more popped up

i just noticed i have a couple of them that appeared on my hammer coral. whats the safest way of removing them without damaging the tissue on the hammer?
theyre below the tissue

tankgeeks

berghia nudibranchs are the best option, if you have patientce, as aiptasias are the ONLY thing they eat, unlike the peppermint shrimps....

luvmybizz

Originally Posted by Tankgeeks
http:///forum/post/2645991
berghia nudibranchs are the best option, if you have patientce, as aiptasias are the ONLY thing they eat, unlike the peppermint shrimps....
^^^Like he said nudibranchs won't are the best option, but I also heard that if you run out of aiptasia for them to munch on you can put some pellets on the floor of the tank at night and they will find them and eat them, that way they will be full and not harm anything else! Good Luck with everything!

iyachtuxivm

Try removing the hammer from the tank, put it in a seperate container with tank water and use tweezers to pull the aiptasia off. put it back when done.

this is how I took care of it...
i called the medical staff on the base that I work and asked if i could get hyperdermic needles
they said no
then she asked what for and I told her
she then proceded to tell me how to get my hands on some...
"go to the hospital in town go to emergency room say you are a user and you would like clean needles"
WOOHOO I have hyperdermic needles
which I injected my apitasia with limejuice and boiling water - I hear you dont need the lime juice but it worked great to see where you are squirting hot liquids

rushprop

I got needles from walmart the other day 6 for 3 bucks. I guess cheaper if they are free, but that way you dont have to go to the hosp. and tell them you are a junky.