Alage fun!!

stryder

Or not so fun:) I had about 6 margerita snails in my tank but as of late they have (all but about 2) have flipped themselves and died. So I have alot of algae happening in my tank right now and nothing much to eat it. The type of algae I have is really green in some spots and just a regular seaweed green in others along with some green and a bit of red bubble algae. So I was wondering if any of y'all might have some suggestions on what I should get. Ii would like something that is peaceful and reef safe,( and I do have some shrimp). Thanks!!
Stryder:jumping:

dreeves

Prior to attemtping to treat your algae with snails...locate the source of the nutrients for the algae...then augment your efforts with the snails.

saltymom

Im just wondering, and Im not trying to b smart or anything...
But, How come you dont flip your snails back right if you notice they are upside down? ...dont you feel bad that they will die if u dont help them get back over?

stryder

Oh I did keep flipping em back over and then they would filp over again(it was a vicous cycle) untill I finally started finding them dead. Also some would fall behind the rock and I wouldn't find them until they were dead.
Will snails eat my bubble algae?
Stryder:joy:

rbmount

Emerald crabs will eat your bubble algae, or if you can take your rock out and remove them. Don't pop bubbles in tank, they will spread like crazy.