Alexknight 75 Gallon Reef Tank

alexknight

hello, I am back now after a 6 month break from reefing, I now have my own house so I will not be renting which means I am upgrading my solana tank into a 75 gallon reef tank. I will be running a 48 inch outer orbit 6 t5's with a red sea skimmer.
mostly I will be running soft corals and BTA's never was a fan of hard corals. I am right now building my own stand I will have some pictures up later on to night.

alexknight

everything is up and running, it all went great I only had one loss. It was my little twin spot goby :( I am not the best at taking pictures, for some reason they always seem to turn out way bluer then normal.
here is the stand does not look that great yet, once i get enough money again I will add sides and doors to it.

I also blacked out the back of the tank it went a lot easier then I thought at first

here is it all up

my friend starting to help move everything in

and everything set up this morning

also my friend as a tun more live rock she is going to give to me so I will be adding more into it as time goes on I am already worried about having a spike in the tank. That is the last thing I want to do is over load the bioload.
edit- 120reefer the subie build is already done

meowzer

Wow ...that was the quickest build I have seen yet...LOL
It looks good....Have you had any water parameter issues because of stirring things up???

fishkid13

Originally Posted by Alexknight
http:///forum/post/3078909
everything is up and running, it all went great I only had one loss. It was my little twin spot goby :( I am not the best at taking pictures, for some reason they always seem to turn out way bluer then normal.
here is the stand does not look that great yet, once i get enough money again I will add sides and doors to it.

I also blacked out the back of the tank it went a lot easier then I thought at first

here is it all up

my friend starting to help move everything in

and everything set up this morning

also my friend as a tun more live rock she is going to give to me so I will be adding more into it as time goes on I am already worried about having a spike in the tank. That is the last thing I want to do is over load the bioload.
edit- 120reefer the subie build is already done

So I am not the only one that sucks at taking pic's.
Your pics don't look bad, when I take a pic it doesn't do the things any justice. Nice tank, wow that was a fast build.

alexknight

haha thanks everyone, Everything in the tank was from other tank's I just added 40 lbs of live sand. I am no good at constructing, my friend was building the stand while I was out getting everything else.
nothing wrong with the water so far, I am going to test tomorrow afternoon to give it 24 hours to settle in.

pugnut87

It will look way better when we get the wood to cover up the stand. Thinking about Walnut, nice dark wood to go with all the other darker finishes around the tank.

alexknight

added a LTA yesterday he has dug his foot nicely down into the sand bed and was fully open by the afternoon, I just gave both nems sliver slider's both ate with no problem. I was surprised how fast the LTA grabbed the food and how strong he is.
The green BTA that is recovering from being bleached has opened up more is around 4-5 inches. I think that the t-5s are working better then the MH ever did for it.
I still have no idea why my picture come out so blue, but in real life it is so much brighter

alexknight

I have lost two fish, and I think the LTA is to blame :( I am going to step up the feedings on him. also I got very small carpet aneone that I am trying to bring back to life. Only 3 inches across. I think it is a stichodactyla haddoni but I am not sure.
The bta is doing great just ate a med sliver slider no problem, it is now eating every other day.
I am having a problem with some brown algae so I have cut back on my lighting by one hour and a half, I will also change my filters for my RO unit
Now for the fun part pictures!!

alexknight

so just a update. The brown agle on the sand is almost gone. I changed out my RO unit water filters and I think that was the problem.
My clowns are hosting in the LTA now, and loving life. I have not gotten anything new my LFS is failing at stocking anything good. I had order a XXL RBTA from them and it still has not come in, so I am looking for a new place to get them, I think I will place a large order with who ever when I can get one but thats about it.

alexknight

All of the brown algae is under control now, the sand is very nice and white thanks to help from my new goby and these cool little horseshoe crabs just zoom around all the time. I also got some new stuff for my tank, I have been looking and looking for a RBTA, sexy crab, and a pom pom crab. You cant tell in any of the pictures but the bleached Gbta is a light green but now the bottom half is starting to turn a dark brown !!!
so he is on the road back to recovery!!

The lta is usually much larger, I had just feed it sliver sliders so she is all closed up eating away.

meowzer

The tank looks nice....are you taking care of your aptasia that I see in pic1?
ALSO...How many anemones do you have? I thought it wasn't good to mix different types? How long have you had all these different types?

alexknight

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3098666
The tank looks nice....are you taking care of your aptasia that I see in pic1?
ALSO...How many anemones do you have? I thought it wasn't good to mix different types? How long have you had all these different types?
Thank you. I have not really done anything to go in and try to kill aiptasia, I should but I never got around to doing it.
As of now I only have 3 BTA's and 1 LTA.
I was trying to nurse back to health a baby LTA, and carpet in my tank but both of them did not make it. :(