Algae advise

peppy

100g, 100# LR, 80# LS, 8 damsels. On my 10th day of cycle. Ammonia .25< or-, Nitraite .25, Nitrate between 5-10, temp 78 degrees. All of a sudden big outbreak of what appears to be Diatom bloom very visable around bottom of tank and top of LS. Also, spotty all over glass. LR is covered with brown algae of another kind? Has lots of bubbles on it which makes me think Hariy Algae, but looks more like cyanobacteria description? I have not turned on my protein skimmer yet and I have a clean up crew coming next week? Any advise?

goldrush

Sounds to me like you are right on schedule.Let the cycle finish before you do anything else.All your readings should come down.when they do yor clean up crew will have a feast.Don't try to rush anything.

logan15

be patient all will work out if you rush in this hobby you will probaly make a mistake get a couple good books to read lol

peppy

Thanks everyone! My neighbor came over an x reefer some 10yrs ago and said wooooo something is wrong in there? I kind of thought it sounded somewhat normal for cycle? He did start to worry me!
Thanks again.