Algae growth need some insight

wyldgunz

Hey all .. Recently ive had a little problem with algae growth in my tank. Its been up and running for about 2 years and all of a sudden the past 3 months i cant keep it under control.
I'm getting every type of algae there is from hair to catus. The water test are good the only thing i can think of is my tank is running a little warm ,its around 80 degrees mid-day.
If anyone knows of any cures to slow it down or stop it , i would be very thankfull. Its rather annoying picking out 3 bowls of weeds every week.

viet-tin

What kind of water are you using? What kind of lights and how old are the bulbs? What filtration do you have?

nm reef

Definitely need additional info in order to even guess at a cause...any of a number of things can contribute to algae problems. Lighting/circulation/water chemistry/excess nutrients...:thinking:

wyldgunz

using r/o di water instant ocean mix , dual 250 watt double ended halides 10k , the current bulbs are about 7 month old.
all my water perimeters are within normal range as it has been from the start of the tank . And calcium is kicking butt even without using a reactor, about 480 on calcium
The gavity fluxuates a little from time to time between 1.024 - 1.026 . I dont have a chiller up and running so with the halides the water temp is a tad high.. gets around 80-81 mid-day.
Also there is an over abundence of flat worms all over the sand and rocks i cant seem to get rid of. Dont want to use the flatworm exit because im afraid of killing all the benificial worms. any pointers there would help to 8)