Algae Scrubbers

J

jstdv8

It got so long people were asking for a new thread.
I looked at the pictures of peoples setups and I'd like to try one in my sump in the near future. I made a makeshift one, but it didnt work because I used the wrong materials. Ohters on this site have been having pretty good luck with them though.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Kraylen
http:///forum/post/3222974
Do we really need two threads about this?
no we really dont. it would be different if it was some one other than the creator of the other thread asking questions and not wanting to get lost in the size of the other thread but this is just self aggrandizing. the whole reason I looked at this thread is I thought it might be some one askign questions about them, performance recommendations or something like that. but no its just santa monica advertising his own thread.

reefkprz

he was already selling them in that other thread on this board (not the custom black acryllic jobbie) but the basic parts. if you scroll through you'll see where he listed how much he would charge for various things to do with the scrubber. it kind of suprised me that the mods didnt shut the thread down then. there are a lot of pages and I imagine its easy for the mods to miss that.

wangotango

Why were they only DIY-able since August 2008? Doesn't seem like people weren't able to put a screen on a pipe before then...

spanko

Originally Posted by WangoTango
http:///forum/post/3224995
Why were they only DIY-able since August 2008? Doesn't seem like people weren't able to put a screen on a pipe before then...

And here is the rub IMO. If it were a viable productprocess with some market some larger company would have been putting them together before now.

cranberry

I don't have a problem with his threads.... or should I say thread. But what he does is a form of Spam..... flying around from forum to forum without participating at all....
I would be most apt to listen if I knew more about who they were after seeing them around for so long. He's put a lot of time, money and thought into this project and I respect that. Ideas are just much more accepted if they are posted in a few forums and through word of mouth is heard by all. The Ram-it-down-your-throat approach has really held this project back.

spanko

IMO that plus the slamming of the skimmer producersand their product. Wanna promote your idea, try not slamming other ideas.

cranberry

I wouldn't know what he was saying..... I don't read them. I popped in here because I was like OMG... he started a new thread.
OP, I mean no disrespect because I don't even know you. But there's a problem with your presentation when it angers people or they avoid your threads. Maybe become involved in the forums you want to present your ideas and you won't be treated like a Door-to-Door Salesman (no disrespect meant either to Door-to-Door Salesman).

santamonica

Why were they only DIY-able since August 2008? Doesn't seem like people weren't able to put a screen on a pipe before then.
Because there was no pipe design then.
If it were a viable productprocess with some market some larger company would have been putting them together before now.
Because there was no pipe design then.