algea / unwants

chat noir

anyone have pictures of what they dont want in their aquarium but unfortunately have??? algea problems, worms, spiders, weird creatures, id love to take a look!

drewsta

This is my new 75G that has been up a week now it just started cycling today but I have a ton of these buggers (Aptasia) I tried injecting calcium into the ones that I noticed when I picked up the rock but I missed about......30
so now I have to wait till my tank cycles before I find a way to deal with these things

jeremy888

get a copperband butterfly. they eat them pretty quickly, but i wouldn't suggest one if you have a small tank or if you are a beginner. They end up being picky eaters and not easy to keep sometimes. You can also try some peppermint shrimp, but they don't always work.

nygel

Originally Posted by jeremy888
get a copperband butterfly. they eat them pretty quickly, but i wouldn't suggest one if you have a small tank or if you are a beginner. They end up being picky eaters and not easy to keep sometimes. You can also try some peppermint shrimp, but they don't always work.
does anything else eat them that are easier to take care of and can fit in smaller tanks? cuz i have some and dont want to take care of them myself... if a fish or somethin wants to eat them for me... then i'd prefer that

crox

Originally Posted by lionfish1
My bubble clump

I had a few bubble algae here and there in my tank but my emerald crabs got rid of them.

lionfish1

Originally Posted by Crox
But now I am battling cyano in my tank. It's taking over !!!

Yea i'm starting to get some of that too. I have a snail who has it all over his shell spreading it everywhere
I think he's getting a scrub down this weekend.