Alk and Calc..........

N

niteshift

I hope that someone can give me clue here. I have asked at the LFS and the newsgroups but, no one seems to be able to help me out. I can't seem to get my alk. and calc. to both stay up. They will stay up for a day or two but, If I don't add buffer and calcium almost daily they plummet (Alk down to 1.7 and calc down to 300). What am I missing here? The tank has been set up for over a year and I am still battling this problem.
I do water changes of around 25% every 2-3 weeks. I thought about kalkwasser but, I can't drip it because I don't use RO* DI water just plain ole tap water.
Amm. is 0
Nitrite is 0
Nitrate is 5 ppm
phosphates 0
Any help is appreciated.
TIA
Chelle
[This message has been edited by niteshift (edited 03-14-2001).]

N

niteshift

This has been going on for the entire time.
It is 75 gal. the dosing is correct and I got it stable for maybe a month about 3 months ago and then it went screwy again. I have tested my fresh make-up water and the alk. and calc. is great. I only have a few shrooms and sme polyps in the tank. I'm scared to get any more corals til i get this problem cleared up.
Thanks for the reply
Chelle
[This message has been edited by niteshift (edited 03-14-2001).]

N

niteshift

Come on someone has to have more advice.. What do you all think about B-ionic or C-balance? do you think that would help me out?
TIA
Chelle