alkalininity at 17 help please

dav9175

i recently got rid of alot of my fish and re aquascaped my tank to decrease my bio-load due to high nitrates . the nitrates were at a constant 80ppm to 90ppm. i properly maintained my tank with water changes and dosing of B-ionic. i recently added a hot 5 gal refugium growing chaeto and slowly started to notice more green and pink coraline growing back on the tank walls.I had none. i also added a rdsb about two and a half months ago. my nitates are now dow into the 10-15 range but my alkalinity will not decrese. i do 20 to 25 gal water changes twice monthly and run a sump with two skimmers. i would like for my tank to get back to normal reef if you know what i mean. anyone have any insight PLEASE?!!!!!!!

dav9175

i dont really have too much but mushrooms left after long tank spike and overstocking but i really want my coraline back

aquaknight

Do you have any corals, besides those mushrooms? How do they look? What's pH at? What AlK test kit do you have? How old is it?

dav9175

Originally Posted by GeoJ
http:///forum/post/2820230
Your numbers back inline?
well all other tests run fine salinity at 1.23 0 ammonia ph 8.2 nope no other coral everything else died like i said its been mostly a fowlr n some coral until it all died but the mushroom and button polyps are alive and thriving test kit is api nitrate is still about 10 ppm as of yesterday