All Damsel Tank

koranman

I am considering an all damsel tank. I figure it would be like having a fresh water cichlid tank with a lot more color. Anyone ever tried putting all the variety of damsel together? I have a 125 with 1oo lbs a lr and 4" dsb. I think it would be interresting. Any thoughts?
Koranman

S

sinner's girl

yep, sinner had all damsel tank (before his mom killed them) they were cool. they were in a 25gl
i knew there was a domino, jeweal, yellow tail?
not sure what all ones were in there. But the tank was cool. and they are hardy!

ijeh99

I have two damsels and I understand that it would be catostrophic for the new members when they arrive. I must admit they are beautiful and not too expensive.

broomer5

I saw a mostly all Damsel tank couple weeks ago in the lobby of a restaurant. It looked to be a 90 gallon tank, had fair amount of live rock and looked pretty cool.
The restaurant was new, so I'd guess the tank was new as well.
All but one of the fish were small, inch or so, and had several varieties.
Looked to be about 3-4 yellowtails, a couple blue's, what looked like a type of green/blue chromis of some sort, and a couple jewels.
One 2-3 inch Tomato clown too.
I'd guess there were maybe a dozen or more damsels in there.
Looked like an easy tank to care for - sort of bullet proof if you know what I mean.

koranman

I like bullet proof! I am so tired of buying $100 in fish every year. When something dies or some epademic breaks out. I just might really do this and I will send pictures.
kman

tru conch

sounds cool. i would stay away from the zebras and the dominoes, just because they loose their color once they start getting large. the blues and yellow tails keep their intense blue color though. i would like to see some pics if you do that.

My husband's 105 g tank has ended up with all damsels quite by accident. We all have a tank and his was the last set up. We used the damsels to cycle out tanks. He has not decided what he wants to do with it yet. He has: 1 three stripe, 1 blue, 5 green chromis, 4 black and gold chromis and 4 seargent major damsels. The seargent majors were a gift from our son, he caught them locally. They are all about 1-2" at this point. It is an interesting tank.

ocellaris_keeper

Just remember when they all get big they all get mean!! You will begin to see a pattern real soon. Purchase 5 or more of each genus and you may be OK>

koranman

THose who read this I need opinions really bad so I do not create a death trap for the new ones. The tank is a 125 with about 100 lbs of live rock an Americal wet/dry with a Sea Clone skimmer and an average unknown standard skimmer a fluvol 404 and 1 802 powerhead 2- 301 powerheads. I have clean up crew and 1 large blue velvet damsel 5" and one maroon clown 3-4". If I buy the damsels they will come 1-2". Should I buy a lot of pairs of damsels to introduce them at the same time or 4-5 of the same type and add them at different tiems? I don't want to overload the system, but these are really small fish. What do you think?
Kman