All Drummers Submit

drummerbum

looking for all the drummers on the boards to reply to this. I want to hear from all of you i want to see posts of your sets your styles and your favorite masters. I guess I'll start
my style anything from jazz to new rock dont like metal punk or rap though and my favorite drummer is Deffinatially Neil Pert of Rush followed closley by Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater and Liquid Tension.
My set isn't mutch to brag about standard Yamaha 5 piece decked out in sabian AA, HH, and HHX cymbals, got Roto toms and a doublr bass peddal upgrading at the end of the year.

nutz

I have a pretty basic 5 piece cuz I mostly play snare in marching band. Once in awhile i hop on the set though

drummerbum

I hear ya snare line all the way I marched 2nd snare for plainfield South last two years fun stuff
If you want to see plainfield at its best check out the BOA website. We placed 9th at toledo in 2001 my freshman year. then the whole program took a hard left into the wall when the district hired a new music staff fresh out of college and they had no idea what to do.
:mad:

denny80688

Ok guess there arent too many of us. Ive been playing for like 15 years. Played for a short time with some other local guys but do it mostly for fun and stress management :)
The set is a Tama Star Classic 6 piece. Was very nice gift from my step father about 8 years ago. All hand made in maple. I use all zildjen cymbols. 20" ride, 18" crash/ride, 17" crash, 16" crash, 16" medium crash, 15" crash
Back in Jr High I played the quads in marchign band for 2 years and the snare for my freshman year. Also played in Jazz band for 2 years because it was the only school offering where I could play the full set.
As for mentors I would have to say the #1 is Carter Beauford from Dave Mathews.
heres a pic.
http://www.vmcomsource.com/images/basement1.jpg

blindmelon

we got one more....Ive played for the past five years.
I have a tama rockstar set with zildjians....double bass pedal...and sad to say my zildjians arent the zxts......but how I wish they were if it werent for aquariums Id probably have some lol.
No matter what anybody says I don't give a damn

Travis Barker deserves his props even if he was in blink 182
Chad Sexton ( from 311 ) deserves his props too.
I can't remember his name but the dude from tool rocks out too.
P.S. snare lines keep doin ya thang:D