All in one systems help

chaseter

What are the best all in one systems on today's market? I have about a thousand dollars and I am looking to upgrade my 14g to a 34-50 gallon. Any suggestions? Any personal opinions?
I am really looking for metal halides because I want my tank to perform at its best. Would T5's be good enough?
I just would like the best all in one on the market right now in my price range. I don't want to do a custom build because right now I am living in apartments and I never know if I will have to move if and when I get into Pharm school.
Thanks! LINKS HELP!

chaseter

I love the 34 gallon RSM but that is only about 3.23 watts per gallon. They have 2x 55w 10,000k and Actinics so that is 110 watts total. I was under the impression that you need at least 4 watts per gallon.

runn3rb3an

IMO I would go with the jbj nano cube hqi. It has 2 pumps, a skimmer, wavemaker, and 150 metal halide with stand and more stuff shipped to ur door for 400 bucks. U can also retro fit some nice actinic, pc and led lights under the hood too. Cadlights are ok but I like a hood on mine to give it a sleeker AIO look. Pm me if u want to know where to get it.

chaseter

It sucks that no one can make a perfect nano. I have a hooded 14 g Biocube and it does look sleek. However, I have read that the gas exchange in hooded systems is close to nothing because of zero air flow.
I have no idea, this is a hard decision:(
If you have a link, please post! This not only helps me but it can help others in my spot.

runn3rb3an

I think gas exchange would be fine. The water cascades into the back which is open unlike the biocubes filter chamber. I mean other than the heat problem… I think that the nanocube is almost perfect for the price..
We both know I can't post links...

chaseter

You can post links to jbj's site. You can't post links to competitor's sites that sell the aquariums. For example, you can post a link to RSM's site but you can't post a link to another online fish store that sells the RSM.
I just need to know the aquarium specs.

chaseter

I think it is between the 30 gallon Finnex and the 39 gallon cad lights. Both have so many perks like a built in refugium, good protein skimmer, and sufficient lighting with a 150w HQI metal halide. No, just have to see which one I want. I really loved the RSM 34g but the lighting sucks. I want my corals to look their best and 110w in a 34g isn't going to cut it.
I cannot seem to find videos of either of these aquariums.

runn3rb3an

Why can people just google the names? And the jbj site sells the tanks to so u can't. If u were really interested you take 2sec and google it but its beside the point.
Anyway are u looking for something for a hood or open top? I like the nanocube because of what u get for the price and I think that 1000 is a little much for a nano but good luck woth ur tank
Sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean to be its justt a little annoying typing on my phone :)

sfmacguy

Originally Posted by chaseter
http:///forum/post/3208945
I think it is between the 30 gallon Finnex and the 39 gallon cad lights. Both have so many perks like a built in refugium, good protein skimmer, and sufficient lighting with a 150w HQI metal halide. No, just have to see which one I want. I really loved the RSM 34g but the lighting sucks. I want my corals to look their best and 110w in a 34g isn't going to cut it.
I cannot seem to find videos of either of these aquariums.
I'll try and get some video of my dad's finnex I just set up for him. It's a nice tank, no qualms with it at all.

sfmacguy

Originally Posted by runn3rb3an
http:///forum/post/3209115
Why can people just google the names? And the jbj site sells the tanks to so u can't. If u were really interested you take 2sec and google it but its beside the point.
Anyway are u looking for something for a hood or open top? I like the nanocube because of what u get for the price and I think that 1000 is a little much for a nano but good luck woth ur tank
Sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean to be its justt a little annoying typing on my phone :)
I usually find it better to have personal experiences from forum members rather then some marketing guy's quotes on a website. Obviously he wasn't looking for a JBJ, he was looking for a more high end system, but you would have to have read the thread to understand that.

runn3rb3an

Originally Posted by sfmacguy
http:///forum/post/3209141
I usually find it better to have personal experiences from forum members rather then some marketing guy's quotes on a website. Obviously he wasn't looking for a JBJ, he was looking for a more high end system, but you would have to have read the thread to understand that.

O really captain obvious? Thanks for enlightening me with that info. I didn't say he shouldn't ask for peoples experiences did I? I gave my opinion on a tank and that was it I said he just might want to rethink dropping 1000 bucks on a nano but it was none of my business. Just like its not your business to comment on my post. But I guess you need to have reading comprehension to see that I gave my opinion and wished him luck.