All is well....I hope

sting_ray29

Day 3: My new fish are doing ok for now.. My arrow is eating my snails, which I think were mostly Dead on arrival, and 2 scarlet hermits.. I put some shrimp flakes in by him and while he was eating my hawk came out for one of the first times acting like he was looking at some food on the bottom, when his eye was staring at the arrow.... Then the arrow kept trying to push him away now and then.. One time when the arrow let his guard down the hawkfish moved fast and spooked the arrow... The lawnmower blenny has been hiding most the time.. What can i feed the blenny and hawk? Also, is it hard to add more sand to a tank with live rock, inverts, fish, the works??

new_noob

well blennys eat lots lots!! of hair algae, and for butterfies i dont know, and I wouldnt add more sand, thats just me

aarone

the blenny should accept prepared foor as well as scavenge for algae. Just feed the tank mysis shrimp and flake food. The hawk will appreciate the meaty food. you can also use seaweed selects algae sheete to fed the lawnmower.
aaron

elfdoctors

Blennies are usually herbivores - perhaps some nori (dried seaweed) if there isn't much algae in your tank
Hawkfish are usually carnivores. Try some frozen food to get them started. Perhaps start with brine or mysis shrimp.
If you wanted more sand, you could probably add live sand. Live sand has a bacterial coating on the sand particles and settles out much faster (usually overnight) and would probably not hurt your fish.