All wrasse tank

jojoandphia

So I am wanting to change my current tank to an all wrasse tank, I currently have a 6 line and a mexican rock wrasse and 3 damsels. The rock wrasse is very agg. when feeding so I am wondering what other wrasse I can all I would really like to get a dragon wrasse, but I am concerned with the rock wrasse letting the new ones getting food. I know that most wrasses are one of the last things to add, so can and how should I add new ones?

btb9000

BTW- Didn't mean to be a jerk above. Just my sarcastic way of say; "No more wrasses".
Seriously though, you probably don't want to add anymore wrasses. Be happy you have two living together in harmony(ish). What size tank do you have?

renogaw

it actually was quite a good response.
i'm going to "rescue" a 6line tonight because the person bought a mystery wrasse and the 6line is beating up on it. when they say one wrasse per tank, they really mean it...

fishycpa

Originally Posted by JOJOANDPHIA
...I know that most wrasses are one of the last things to add...
Sorry for the hijack, but I was planning on adding a 6-line as one of the 1st fish, is this not advised?

btb9000

Originally Posted by fishyCPA
Sorry for the hijack, but I was planning on adding a 6-line as one of the 1st fish, is this not advised?
Depends on what's going in with it... _______________ ?

renogaw

they are insane territorial. should be one of the last fish added.
I just spent almost 2 hours getting a 6line out of a 90 gallon tonight because it was killing a mystery wrasse. no... i didn't get the MW, i did though offer the 6line a new home.

huntoaks

Also there are red choris wrasses awsome i also love dragon wrasses at juvi stage thats why i have one