All you Canadians...

drew_tt

where do you order online from? or by mail? basically for livestock, but I recently heard about a new company from alberta who has really good prices on livestock... does anyone know of this place?
Drew :)

flyinbrian

hey where in Ontario you from?
Every site I have checked out has said there is no shipments to canada. Sorry I am no help.
I am interested to see of any.

drew_tt

there are quite a few canadian suppliers..maybe later I'll clean out my fish-favourite-links folder :p ... theres a really good one in b.c., and some others here and there... I think theres one in ajax? :s
theres also one online retailer from toronto (closeR to me...), but his prices are too high...
btw, Im from St. Catharines area... around niagara falls-ish... niagara region. u?

azonic

Im in Newfoundland and the only stores I know about are J&L Aquatics and MOPS(Mail Order Pet Supplies). Neither of which have I ordered from.
What are some others?

flyinbrian

I am from a little town near London. I will check some pages for more dealers.
Any fancy aquarium stores around niagra?

I'm from alberta and unfortunately the closest Cdn mail order I've heard of is J&L Aquatics in Vancouver. I have ordered dry goods from them and usually get my order within a week (sent priority post). I haven't ordered any livestock because to order only one or two fish isn't worth it, if you could go in with a bunch of friends for a order it would be better.
I'll tell you though, it's better than ordering through the US and having your order held up at customs for 2 weeks, then still having to pay duty on top of it.

flyinbrian

hey Here is a list of some vendors. The canadian ones are in brackets.
Hope this helps.
hey moby da goby : you are right about the customs. I ordered a prizm off of pet solutions. Had a very good deal on , but it took about 3 weeks because of customs.

flyinbrian

SORRY
Here they are : <a href="http://www.reefscapes.net/links/marine_vendorlist.html" target="_blank">http://www.reefscapes.net/links/marine_vendorlist.html</a>

drew_tt

in Niagara, theres the one store that has good sw/fw... not a big sw selection
theres a lot of stores in TO, but theyre usually overpriced as well...
a big thing around here is just heading south 10 minutes into the north new york area there are quite a few good stores around there...

M

mr.tang

Ive ordered from many online places and found the best to be....
1) Mail Order Pet Supplies
2) Aquarium Services (Big Als)
3) j&L Aquatics
Tang ;)

harald

Try Seacare.org in Chilliwack, BC. Their fish are certified non-cyanide caught, and since they supply Big Al's and other LFS's, they're a hell of a lot cheaper then going most other places.
hth

bosco0633

hey im from Hamilton. I go to a lfs in Mississauga. They have great prices and the best selection around my area. I am curious to know the store in Niagara area. I have been out there and there really is not anything that great that I can think of, let me know I would like to go and check it out.

drew_tt

bosco, which do you go to in mississagua?
Im heading up to stoney creek this weekend to big als and I will probably make a few runs around the area...
have you ever gone to saltwaterparadise in the states? anyways... give me your email and I will let you know about the stores here... I gotta run going to work now....... but, its probably not worth it for you to come down here, theres not a whole big selection butyou never know... might find something nice...