Almost a cop.

speg

I've been in college for a couple years now and I'm almost done getting my BA in justice studies..Just went and took the law enforcement written test and passed it...all that's left is renewing my drivers license and being tested on physical ability.
I'm excited...I haven't shared the news that I passed the test with my wife yet...I told her that I didn't take it

I'm excited but I'm also one of those people that don't believe it till they see it....I'm a negative Nancy :(
That's it..just sharing

flower

Well congratulations! Now go share the good news with your wife, how would you feel if she withheld info from you?

speg

No no..waiting until she gets home so she can see the official printed document :p

flower

Since you are just waiting until she comes home…Tell us what motivated you to become a cop?

speg

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3295193

Since you are just waiting until she comes home…Tell us what motivated you to become a cop?
Oh boy..
I guess it just "fit"...and I haven't become a cop yet...I'm just doing my best to get there.
To sum the story up....it was based on luck.
A while ago I was let go from my job because the boss's wife wanted me out so they could get more money. I thought that I could live for a while off the money I had saved up (wrong!). I just turned 25 and had nothing going on in my life; I decided to do some job searching and saw that everything out there was asking for some sort of previous experience or a college degree. I wrote several colleges and one called me back...
I was really big into fitness at the time and also the saltwater fish/invert keeping hobby so I called the college if they had anything available for a degree in either physical fitness or marine biology. They told me to just come in and meet with someone and they'd discuss my options--so I did. When I went in they told me they only offered degrees in nursing, tech, and justice studies. Nursing made no sense to me; tech seemed like more of a thing I did in my spare time and didn't want it to become a job; so I criminal justice.
So it was really just luck that I got into it. As I progressed through college, I really got more and more into the justice system in all of it's forms. We took a trip to a local jail and that was actually really interesting and made me want to be a correctional officer...but recently I went on a ride-along with a deputy and I really found where I'd like to "start" my career.
......After I got into college, the boss discovered how hard the job actually is and asked me to come back part time to help. I did and now I'm back to full(ish) time.

gill again68

Im not going to bother to ask Im just going to drop your name...OH CRAP is that a confession?? OH MAN its premeditated tooo.... forget what I said.

deejeff442

being a volunteer firefighter i do alot of traffic controll with the police.mostly troopers .they are the funniest people you will meet.well most of them.dont know why police get a bad rap.if you aint doin nothin wrong you aint got nothin to worry about.
heres one story.we just got done doing traffic,i was walking by the troopers car and the drivers door was mashed in.i asked the trooper what happened .he said it was a high speed chase and the driver tried to knock him off the road.so i said you should have shot him jokingly .he said they did.

teresaq

Congrats. My husband retired a couple of yrs ago as a sergant for the city of Ft myers, then went to port charlotte for a yr, and now works as a detective for the state in insurance fraud. He really likes this new job, get to wear plain cloths, gets a take home car and still has a badge and gun.
Good Luck and stay safe.