Alveopora dying ?

zibnata

Are Alveopora hard to keep ? I have one for a few months and now it looks like its dying.It is white and the end flower looking part started to turn brown . Now its down to a few polyps.I have other corals like bubble,hammer,gorgonians,anthelia that are doing great. Any comments? Thanks

nm reef

...but success with a alveopora is far more common than with a goniopora....the one below has been doing great for about a year now with no sign of trouble. I have every reason to believe it'll be with me for a while longer...knock on wood...

nm reef

Its in a 55 gal reef...4x65 watts of 10K CSL PC's and 2x110 watts of URI super actinics...water chemistry is very stable...tank is nearly three years old...I run a Euroreef CS6-2 skimmer...large refugium and about 12-14 x volume in turn over. The alveopora is low on the reef in a sort of moderate current. The only problem is its getting very crowded by a couple of other corals...but that will be corrected soon. Health wise the coral is great and has developed a few new heads since I added it.

zibnata

I have 2 -65 w 10 k and 2 -65 w actinic.55 gallon tank and it is towards the bottom.I put a stronger powerhead in and after a few days I put the old one back in because it was really swaying around. That is actually when I noticed it going downhill. Could a few days with a stronger current have killed it ? All readings are good. Thanks

nicky1.8t

my lfs gets them in from time to time but they always look like crap so i havent bought one i want to give on a try