Alveopora

verojeremy

I went to the lfs and saw this flower pot looking thing so I came home and looked it up becuase I thought it was goniopora (which is why I didn't snatch it up) and he said it was something called alveopora and I see it's easier to keep than a goniopora. It looks healthy and has been there for a while and is really open. Are there any special needs to it and I have 8x t5 fixture and 2 koralia 1050's so where should I place it if I get it?

florida joe

Alveopora as well as Goniopora are difficult to keep in the home aquarium IMO. That being said, low flow low to medium light they are found in nature on soft substrate., while photosynthetic they are also planktivorous. Again i must state that IMO they are very hard to keep in the home aquarium

florida joe

However I would be remiss if I did not tell you that I have had this coral for a long time and it is doing very well.

florida joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by verojeremy http:///t/390047/alveopora#post_3451506
Is that goni?
yes on the goni
yes the lack of a protein skimmer will help as they like nutrient rich water.
I really think when it comes to this coral there is a lot of luck involved. I can keep this coral yet I have single handily killed more Royal Gramma fish than anyone else I know go figure

florida joe

Thanks I know even less about photography then I know about saltwater. But I turn off my tank lights do not use a flash but set up a shop light believe it or not and move the light until I like the look of the coral