am i fished out????

damsel

when i started my tank it was going to be FO, but i have decided to go reef and have added alot of live rock (60lbs). in addition to live rock i have quite a bit of rubble, this is a 65g. tank. now, i had always planned on about a half an inch of fish per gal. of water but what about water displacement? how many fish or inches of fish are most of you keeping in your reef tanks? i have one goldenhead sleeper gobie and two small clowns? please let me know what you all think? thanks, damsel

the rock

the rock says...
ranger are you serious?? for a 100 gallon that is fifty inches of fish, that is nuts! if you want to have reef tank, stick to the inverts and corals, keep about one inch of fish for every 7 gallons, too many fish will spike everything for ya, only an experienced reefer should attempt more if they want to be successful for more than a year.

fish guy

I dont think measuring fish levels by inch per gallon is a hot idea. Instead add 1 sp. of fish biweekly or longer and monitor fish aggression and water quality before you put anything else in. If fish are eating provided food and are not killing each other add more until the tank seems full. Once your tank feels full dont add anything else. PS you can add a whole lot of little fish like blennys, some damsels, gobies, etc easier than you can multiple tangs for instance.
[This message has been edited by Fish guy (edited 02-15-2000).]