Am i getting a deal

mrbubbles

O.k. a fish store that opened up down the street wants to sell me this set up.Here it is he is going to sale me a coral light 72 bow front tank and a cabinet for 552.00 and there going to set it up in my house for free.Should i hit this deal up or go to a 75 flat square tank for 332 with cabinet.Please help
:help:

marinebio2

I personally wouldnt but that is only b/c I would want to set it up myself and that is still alot for it so that is my personal opinion
:D

D

daniel411

What kind of "coral light" are you talking about?
Who are the tanks made by?
What kind of stands are you they?

mrbubbles

When i mean set it up they are just going to do the salt and water im doing all the coral but the stand will be black.The light is 380 dollar light got fans in it.Fish tank has 5 yr warrenty on it.Anything else ? P.S. I could talk the guy in giving me a oak stand..ohh ya thats even with glass tops

D

daniel411

Originally posted by MrBubbles
When i mean set it up they are just going to do the salt and water im doing all the coral but the stand will be black.The light is 380 dollar light got fans in it.Fish tank has 5 yr warrenty on it.Anything else ? P.S. I could talk the guy in giving me a oak stand..ohh ya thats even with glass tops

If you get a nice solid oak stand with that, you've probally got a bargain. But really, all new aquariums have warranties, and their are differences between the brands. I'd check into the lights a bit more, if you think they're worth $380 than you've definately got a bargain. How do you know they're worth that though?

mrbubbles

He showed me in his little well big list book what he gets things for but.He is even giving me everything his price so whats better a 72 bowfront or a 75 square ?

D

daniel411

Um... while he may be honestly giving you a great deal, you might be able to find a better deal on those lights. But more importantly, are you sure those are the lights you need and want?
Square or bow, is personal preference. If you want active fish like "some tangs", I'd go with a bow.

mrbubbles

That is true but the light he is throwing in with my tank so im paying nothing for it just paying for a tank and stand.But then i want to have a pretty coral tank so witch one is better 72 or a 75 long same length as a 55 just deeper he said ? he said that i could make a 55 look dang good so there is another option

crazy4reefs

i have had a bow front tank for about 5 years now and i find it to be a pain in the a$$. its hard to fit my lights on and also kinda hard to build a canopy for. i also dont like the way it has room in the center but tapers in on the sides. i am upgrading to a 75, i think i will like this better.. but that is just my opinon. hope this helped..:)

mrbubbles

Crazy thank you. The 75 that there going to give me for 332 and throw in that light with stand that is cherry and a canopy that is cherry for 332.00 you really can't beat that can you ?

debbie g

I think I paid about $600. for a 55 gallon bowfront with no lights or anything, so I think you're getting a good deal (or I got a bad one :) )
I do have a hard time fitting equipment on mine, but I love the look.

I just finished setting up a 72g bowfront. Its my first tank. Im not a big fan of the 75g tanks. I like the extra room that the bowfront gives you. I bought my custom canopy, so Im not sure how hard they are to find. I hung two pendants in mine and they light the whole things GREAT. It sounds like a good deal to me.

debbie g

I think a good suggestion for the bowfront would be to find some kind of sump that would fit underneath to put most of the equipment. When I restart my 55 bow, that is what I'm going to do. Ah, hindsight. Good luck Mr. Bubbles.