Am I over the line (too much fish?!)suggestions welcomed

180 Gallon tank. 72 x 24 x 24 I believe it is.
So far blond naso tang
yellow tang
purple tang
1 blue damsel ( going to get rid of when I change my CC to a DSB)
1 lawn mower blennie
1 Pair of Maroon clows (2)
1 Dragon Wrasse ( going to get rid of when I change my CC to a DSB)
I think thats about it. If this is not close to the boarder line to put anymore fish in, I would thank you if you gave me some suggestions on what esle to get. I'm thinking about 5+ chromises to start with if I could.

cboyfan2020

if anything I would do the chromises and that would be it but AFTER you put in the DSB because you could run into nitrate probs especially with the CC but you sare doing the right thing switching.

david s

IMO you could add more with np but it depends on the size of the tangs if there huge than that would be alot biger bio load a 180 is a prety big tank:eek:

averages of my fish
Naso = 6 inches
Yellow = 5
Purple = 4
blue damsel= tiny 1
LMB= 2 1/2
Maroon Clowns = 2 in, other one is 1 in
Dragon = 1 3/4
My dad is thinking about moving in a few years 3-5 and he said if we were very sucessful with the 180 reef, we would switch my 300 fw with my 180 reef so .... it should be all covered until the naso gets really really big.
anybody have any suggestions on what fish to add?

sammystingray

I just thought I would mention....I would personally add a couple more small fish if it were me....180 is a good size tank.....you might have trouble with new fish getting beat on....tangs are mean when established. Take that into consideration when adding. I agree with a school of small fish being excellent......green chromis are reef safe, hardy, small, school out front, and can somewhat hold their own, so perhaps a school of seven or so once the dragon wrasse is out, then call it quits on the fish. I don't think this will be overload if done right. A school of less isn't quite as nice....atleast a dragon wrasse is easy to catch...wait for him to go to sleep under the sand, and scoop him up.

Just to jump in here.... I agree with everyone about the small school of fish.... Thats would look awesome.....
I ONLY have a 75 :( .. I am envious of YOU!
But my tank is FINALLY COMPLETE as far as fish..
I have
1 yellow tang
1 Bi Color Blennie
I 6 line wrasee (bad ass)
1 tomato
and a beautiful pink square Anthias....
I'm not overstocked am I??
Feels SOO good to love what I have in there and they all get along and are ALL ICH free!!!! Thansks to my QT!!!
LOVIN IT!
Sorry, didnt want to steal your post.. but had to ad my 2 cents. ;)
Thanking you kindly,. Kim

Well thanks guys. For some reason, all my tangs do all day is hide, and same with my clowns. The only fish the comes out is the little blue damsel and the blonde naso which is my favorite fish. Is there anything besides a school of chromises that would move around in the tank more and make my tank look more alive. You see the blennie come out once in a while, and it just goes back in when u sit down in the chair. I think chormises would help and 1 more fish that wuold make my tank look more living. Remember Sammy. I will be doing a complete change from a "wannabe" reef to a real reef with a dsb, taking out all the CC, all the fish, etc so the tangs might not be that aggresive if I get the fish maybe say in the next 2 weeks or somthing. I hope my LR is all cured up!

leboeuf

it would help to know your LR situation before determining your bioload status. More LR will obviously be to your benefit.

Well my tank curently has about 250 pounds of LR and I'm almost done curing another 150+ pounds. Most of its going to go into my sump, but what ever is left is going into the tank. So I have enough live rock IMO.

wamp

I would add some Anthias. Similiar to the chromis in their behavior but much better looking IMO.
I too would find a home for the Naso. I had one and he grew beyond the 180 I had. They get BIG.
He died after 2 years in the tank. Could it be he was too big? Underfed? Or just his time to go. I will never know.

Originally posted by XxViEtXjUStiNxX
My dad is thinking about moving in a few years 3-5 and he said if we were very sucessful with the 180 reef, we would switch my 300 fw with my 180 reef so .... it should be all covered until the naso gets really really big.