Am I the only one with this problem?

novahobbies

According to my wife, "I have a problem."

As I've said before, I got back into this hobby about a year ago now after a long hiatus.....I haven't owned aquaria since high school, so it was fun getting back into the hobby. So I got back in with a 55 gallon....then I got a 37 gallon tall cube for seahorses......now I just upgraded the 55 into a 110 gallon reef. Day before yesterday as I was driving home, I saw a tank on the side of the road.....a 45 gallon, complete with hood and standard light!!

Of course I couldn't pass that up. I showed up at the house with a "new" 45 gallon tank and plans to use it for a FOWLER for some non reef safe individuals. My wife, who is normally supportive of this hobby, just looked at me and shook her head.
So, if I do an honest inventory of tanks both filled and empty, I'd have to say I now own a 2 gallon, 5 gallon QT, 10G QT, 37G, 45G, 55G, and 110G. Does this mean I officially have a problem??
More to the point: how many others here have this problem??

natclanwy

My wife says I have a problem too!!, I have a 55g reef, 20g QT, Empty 45g tall for a future seahorse tank, 110g with a split seal that I told my wife I could fix and sell at the time but that was 3 years ago and I am still working on her to let me set it up. and another 55g freshwater that I have been trying to convice my wife to let me turn into FOWLR saltwater.
She gets really upset if I come home and look at my tank before greeting her after work
so I have to be careful not to get sidetracked as I walk past my tank to the living room.
I also see alot of head shaking maybe its not us with the problem maybe its them could be some neorological disorder that causes the scowls and headshaking.

tr1gger

i sure done have that many tanks, but i do know im starting to develop a problem. Im constantly talking about upgrades and new fish. I know that i walk in the door after work to check my tanks and feed my live stock then come sit on the couch to relax with her. Im very lucky though and she loves the fish and my hobby.

We All have a condition know as "Saltwaterfishanidis"

novahobbies

Originally Posted by tr1gger
http:///forum/post/2675586
We All have a condition know as "Saltwaterfishanidis"
This condition is also often closely followed by the dreaded "Lackus Fundus."
Yeah, my wife is actually very much a fish nut, I think she's jus reaching her limit. I don't blame her, I think there really is such a thing as "too many aquariums," I just don't think I've reached it.
OK, so there's an aquarium in the bedroom(betta tank), one in the den(seahorse), and one in the living room (two if you count the QT tank that usually has water) but that's not too many. I mean, I could break down the QT or move it into the den, then put the 45 in it's place.....or hey, the dining room could use a tank!

U

usirchchris

I have 3-10 gallon tanks, 1-20, 1-45, 2-55's, 1-120, and 1-125. Currently the 10's, 20, and 45 are not in use, but as soon as I get a basement it is all going to be used I am sure lol. My fiance' is very forgiving, but definately thinks that I am going overboard...I still need a reef tank...hmm...summer time is here...time to hit the classifieds

I have a ton of tanks too. I am narrowing them down though which means up-sizing. When all said and done... I will have a 125g and a 55g. I have about 4 fish tanks for sale in a garage sale for next week -10g. I have a 20g QT and a 40 gallon tank that will become my sump when I get a professional install. BUT, if I find a tank at a good price 30g or above I will be snagging that!

I would have alot more tanks but the wife put her foot down, hard

I'd have a mantis tank, a tank to raise clowns, another frag tank, a predator tank, the list would go on and on.
But I don't have a problem, no not me.