Amazing Fish - Please Add Pictures

animalman

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to say that I think clownfish are beautiful and very amazing and no, I am not saying that because of Finding Nemo, that is just a small part of it. I remember when I was younger and I was learning about symbiotic relationshops in school and from then on I always had a small love for clownfish even though I never owned one but I told myself that maybe someday when I had a saltwater tank, I would get at least one.
Anyway, the main purpose of this topic is to post pictures of your personal clownfish that you own and also maybe give a little background on your clownfish such as their personality or why you like them but you don't have to do this. You can post all of your pictures or just you favorites. I can't wait to see them.

dawman

Here are my Black Saddleback Clowns .

Here are my Baby Onyx Percula Clowns .

Here are my Clarkii pair .

Here are my Percula pair .

Also have some Ocellaris and Fire clownfish , but no pics . I really like clowns and have started a few species tanks and plan to get more different species . As for personalities , they all are different . Fish have personalities like people .

dogstar

My mated Cinnamons and their house...have had them over 5 years so far....I like seeing how much they enjoy their anemone and could not imagine keeping them without one.

bill109

def. not as good as the previous clown pics but i thought i would share my clowns. u dont see this everyday..

msez2u

Ohhh I love that last pic of that cute little face, kinda got a little pout going on
. Everyone has beautiful Clowns. I had a pretty little clown until my tank went nuts and out of everyone in the thank my little girl was the only one that didnt make it
. I'm waiting until the bigger tank is set up and I will get another one. I really love these little guys and I would watch mine play in the current at the top of the tank when her anemone would evict her for a few hrs. I sure do miss her.

bill109

Originally Posted by slowburn22
Hey bill is the orange clown just a true perc? Where did you buy those guys from?
i wanna say it was marked as a false..
i bought the back one as a smaller size about a little over the 3/4 year mark later and it wokred.
so mayeb the clown is a true?
hmm

slowburn22

Yeah, I really dont know why I asked if it was a true... It has a black outline around the first dorsal (which I believe is one way to tell) and the coloration is great! You bought them at the LFS?

reefer545

This is my misbar. I love misbars. At first she would constantly bite me when I put my hand in the tank, but now she has grown quite acceptable of me. Nonetheless, I think beside the picassos out there, mine is the coolest. I have only seen a handful. She has hosted in my Wellsophyllia, which you cant see, but I am very happy about. Enjoy.

rabbit_72

we have clownfish dont know how to post pics yet did your clowns ever have babys? ours bread but we just cant seem to have any luck in hatching them out. just one time we had one that hatched lived fore 4or5days then passed on that was the only time.now they just started spawing again any info on trying to keep them alive or to hatch would be greatly appreciated thank hope to hear from you or anyone else who has luck in hatching baby clowns.

dawman

Originally Posted by rabbit_72
we have clownfish dont know how to post pics yet did your clowns ever have babys? ours bread but we just cant seem to have any luck in hatching them out. just one time we had one that hatched lived fore 4or5days then passed on that was the only time.now they just started spawing again any info on trying to keep them alive or to hatch would be greatly appreciated thank hope to hear from you or anyone else who has luck in hatching baby clowns.
Buy the book called Clownfishes by Joyce Wilkerson
Also Plankton Culture Manual by Hoff & Snell
You can get the culture kits , strainers , and this book at Florida Aqua Farms .
Explains how the process works , what needed and how to do everything . You will need to buy culture starters to grow phytoplankton and rotifers to feed and raise the fry .

debbie

Here is my Maroon Clown, she loves, loves, loves her BTA as you can see. One spoiled fish. This anemone is twice the size now. Maroons are my favorite as they are so striking in color. She shares her tank with a Coral Banded shrimp and 2 snails as well as some very large mushrooms and a nicely growing toadstool leather.

bill109

Originally Posted by slowburn22
Yeah, I really dont know why I asked if it was a true... It has a black outline around the first dorsal (which I believe is one way to tell) and the coloration is great! You bought them at the LFS?
yep sepratly
i had 2 clowns but one didnt mak it from mysterious reason.
so later i went out and bought a 2nd clown months later. this last one as black

yerboy

Originally Posted by Debbie
What kind of camer did you use for this beautiful picture?
its a Casio EX-Z57
Here are a few more