Amazing.....I am speechless

scotts

Wade, as the father of an autistic kid I must thank you. That story happened a couple of years ago and I have seen it countless times. I just watched it twice and was bawling after the second time.
You know of course the story is fantastic, but what really warms my heart is seeing everyone jump up and cheer when he makes a basket. That is what tears me up.
A story from me. My son graduated from Jr. high last June. The day before grduation they were having a graduation practice. When the said my son's name I heard a kid yell "All right Daniel" It took me back and I was not sure I heard it right. I of course told my wife that. The next day during graduation when they announced his name he got a 2 minute ovation from the other kids. The only kid to get an ovation that they had to wait for it to die down before they could continue. Things like that really warm my heart.
Thanks man.

shogun323

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2933446
Wade, as the father of an autistic kid I must thank you. That story happened a couple of years ago and I have seen it countless times. I just watched it twice and was bawling after the second time.
You know of course the story is fantastic, but what really warms my heart is seeing everyone jump up and cheer when he makes a basket. That is what tears me up.
A story from me. My son graduated from Jr. high last June. The day before grduation they were having a graduation practice. When the said my son's name I heard a kid yell "All right Daniel" It took me back and I was not sure I heard it right. I of course told my wife that. The next day during graduation when they announced his name he got a 2 minute ovation from the other kids. The only kid to get an ovation that they had to wait for it to die down before they could continue. Things like that really warm my heart.
Thanks man.
Seeing the crowd jump to there feet is what tore me up too. Then I read your story and I here I am all choked again. Amazing.... I love it.

teresaq

As the mother of special needs children, this and scotts story really hits my heart.
Its so wonderful to see kids not looking at whats wrong, but what is right.
T

t316

Great story indeed....but if I heard correctly, he scored 20 pts total, and wasn't even put in the game until 4 mins to go.....Why had the coach not played this kid before now? I know it appeared "miracle like", but surely he had some talent in order to hit that many 3's. Makes me wonder if his autism caused others not to give him a chance before then...

fatcat

I was getting a little choked up watching that until he said "I just caught fire, i was like a pistol" i now have a grin from ear to ear.

wangotango

Yeah this story is a few years old. Greece Athena was one of my high school's biggest rivals, so this was all over the local news.
My sister has Cerebral Palsey so this type of story is something I've more or less grown up with. At birth doctors said she would remain a vegetable, which could not be farther from the truth today.
-Justin

coral keeper

Thats pretty awesome! I really liked the part where he threw his last shot and everyone went crazy running after him. lol

U

usirchchris

HA HA that is awesome. 20 points you kiddin' me...shoulda' been a starter for sure. I love this kind of story. Crowd getting behind him like that compounds the effect 100 fold. Hot like a pistol, way to go kid
. Gonna go watch Rudy now.

darthtang aw

And this is why I still feel there is hope. When people can get behind something like this without being coexed, I feel better about humanity and our country.

mimzy

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2933446
Thanks man.

Originally Posted by shogun323

http:///forum/post/2933394
If this doesnt move you to the verge of tears then you clearly have no soul!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAc4N_drTXU
Godspeed J-Mac!!!!!!
...between the 2 of you i'm a sobbing, mushy, sentimental mess.

lil.guppy

I remember seeing this video a few years back and its so great to see it again! Thank you for sharing this!

reefraff

My little sister is now working with Autistic kid in a grade school. Nothing she considered as a career. She figured it would be good experience to use to move up in the district. For all her moaning and groaning about getting pinched and bitten by a particular troublesome couple of kids I talked to her tonight and can tell the job and the kids are growing on her like a fungus. I asked her when she started the job if it was something she wanted to do for the next 25 or so years and she said no way. Now she doesn't sound so positive about not doing it permanently. I figure by the end of the school year they (the kids) will have her hooked.

ruaround

i remember watching this on the evening news... there were a few of us in the office and after the story there wasnt a dry eye... cought my self choking up again...

stdreb27

I saw that on ESPN a while back. I thought it was funny. But makes sense. I do bet the coach feels dumb about not having played him sooner...