Amphipods eating my zoanthids

emilaya101

So, yesterday, I got my first shipment of corals from the internet, actually, I ordered them for phbty on here. I got 11 frags with about 10 polyps each, all zoanthids.
I have just taken all of my lr out of my 55 and packed it into my new 29 biocube, and It's been in there for about a week. ( tank was already cycled)
I have a red scooter blenny, but he's still in the 55 with a few pounds of rock.
( i plan on transfering him today)
This morning, I woke up and looked at my new frags to see that there are amphipos eating the polyps !!
So I was wondering What I should do...
Does the scooter blenny eat amphipods ?
Should I get rid of the scooter blenny and get a sixline wrasse ?
(I really wanted one anyways) and If I did, do you thin it would do okay in a 29 with appx. 60 lbs lr, and 2 ocellaris clowns ?
Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated !
Thanks guys !

emilaya101

Well I've been reading up, and I just think I'm gonna take the scooter to the lfs and trade it for a sixline.....
Still no advice ?

blazin2k6

Ive had amphipods take care of a Purple Death paly and some other random zoas and after that i pulled my frags and put them in soap dishes away from the rocks :) I just stick em to the glas with suction cups. You can buy the soap dishes at walmart

hypertek99

Yep i have amphipods eat my zoos and even started munching on my chalices. If you have frag racks you can put your frag on there and the amphipods doesn't get on there. That's how i saved some of my $150+ chalices. You will need a sixline or mystery wrasse to eat the suckers. Or you can treat your whole tank with interceptor but it will kill all your inverts.

matt2364

Rather than a sixline are there any fish that are efficient at getting rid of these critters? Will a mandarin eat these larger amphipods or just copepods? Also, do these amphipods eat any other corals?