Amphipods eating zoos?

footbag

I have some larger amphipods in my tank and no fish. Is it possible that my amphipods are eating my zoanthids? I've witnessed this happen about 3 times.
I can see a zoanthid starting to shake and watch an amphipod run around the base, and within ten or so minutes the head falls off. It looks like a tree after being eaten by a beaver. This is the only thing that I see at the base, and the zoanthid is completely fine until the head falls off.

footbag

Bump...
I asked Dr Shmiek (SP?)is this was possible [amphipods eating zoanthids] and he said it was unlikely. Actually he said that to a few people who seemed to be experiencing and witnessing the same thing. I suggested that the pods might be starving and desperate because I only feed the tank twice a week [dt's and cyclopeeze]. Its a 7g nano w/15g fuge so I'm still testing the boundaries of feeding and don't necessarily wan't to be feeding the pods that are eating my zoos. Unless it will help, of course.
He said something that ended with poor starving creatures and one of these :nope:. Not quite what I was looking for, but I have begun to feed more often. No real improvement noticed.
I think that I'm going to get a baby mandarin goby and place it into my nano until it can hold its own in the 90. I want a yasha haze bogy or a yellow clown goby, but they are not available locally.