An eel

corbeaner

Yesterday i saw a snowflake eel that was about 4 inches long and I was wondering if I could have it in my tank.
Its a 110g
it has:
a purple firefish
scopas tang
sixline wrasse
sleeper bullet goby
bluehead fairy wrasse
all the paremeters are fine.

prime311

Assuming all your water params are ok, I don't see why not. He may eat the Goby but I'm not sure

corbeaner

the goby is 2.5 inches and the eels mouth is about 3/4 of a dime. I also heard that if you keep an eel well fed they usually dont bother your other fish.

txfishman

Originally Posted by corbeaner
http:///forum/post/2636091
the goby is 2.5 inches and the eels mouth is about 3/4 of a dime. I also heard that if you keep an eel well fed they usually dont bother your other fish.
Well i got a snowflake eel when it was 6 inches and put him in a tank with a 3 inch clown fed him everyother day and he still ended up in the eels belly. The eel WILL grow and most likely will end up eating any fish it can cetch/fit in its mouth. If you ask me its like a lion fish not aggresive but will eat small fish/inverts.

Its a 110g
it has:
a purple firefish: Will eat in a heartbeat
scopas tang : Wont touch it
sixline wrasse: Until bigger it wont touch
sleeper bullet goby: if its a bottom dweller ita goner....
bluehead fairy wrasse: not sure never saw one

mikedog

I agree with the last post. Depending how much of an aggressive eater the snowflake is, he make take down half of your stock list. They have very poor eyesight, and when I had one, if he was hungry he would try to eat anything in the tank he could catch.