An EXTREME test of 'thriftiness' (PART 2)

t316

Coincidentally, I had my annual physical today. Bragged to the Doc about quiting (he was excited). But who knew that when you turn 40, the physical takes a radical turn??? OMG....let's just say he explored where no man has been before .....:(

scottnlisa

Good luck quitting tobacco. I have quit smoking 6 times so far and this time it has been 4 months since I have had a cigarette. But I am chewing Nicorette. My insurance pays for it, no carcinigens in the gum and my doctor said I can be on it for life with no side effects. Only time will tell.

nina&noah

Hey, I just came across this thread (a little late, I know). This is a great thing you are doing! To give this up so you and your son can take that trip is really great! I hope your son appreciates this. I've never given anything up (I've always been kind of a goody-goody), so I can't offer any advice. I just wanted to offer my incouragement and say that you are doing a great thing for your kids!

renogaw

ok, so i come back to the boards to find this thread dead for a few months. any updates either bad or good?

t316

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/3292967
ok, so i come back to the boards to find this thread dead for a few months. any updates either bad or good?
Sorry ren (and those following), this thread got so buried that I have not looked at it in awhile.
Gave in a few weeks back. I have been on one camping trip after another (back to back for the last couple of months), and just couldn't take it. Still using the gum, and not by any means back to full blown dipping, but yes...I had a slip up.
Right now the challenge (money wise) is going to have to be extended beyond the departure date in order to cover my costs, but I kind of lost track of that a few weeks ago when my brain/body could no longer handle the pressure. It's not over, just found a bend in the road at the moment.