an interesting question for all of you

opazen

it may also be a dumb question but I was wondering if an anenome would help a clownfish in ridding ich. just wondering cause my clown doesnt go to the cleaner shrimp or the wrass and as of late has avoided her annenome. let me know
Adam

kev

Sorry, I don't think the anemone will do anything to help the ick. Your clown needs to be moved to a hospital tank ASAP(along with any other fish in the tank.) If you do not have a hospital/QT tank I strongly suggest that you invest in one. You would be suprised as to how cheap one of these tanks can be(mine was about $25.) After he's in the tank treat with hyposalinity or copper. Those two treatments are the only way to go IMO. :D

The anemone will not help with ich. The clown hosts the anemone and feeds it. I use garlic as a prevention for ich. Add some garlic juice to the sump once a week when I do my routine maintenance. Also have a cleaner shrimp since I have yellow tangs in my reef tank. Have had no ich at all with the garlic prevention technique. I bought the garlic juice in the spice section of Food Lion.

shady2233

there's a great product out there called Greenex. I have had amazing luck with it. It is safe for all ivertebrates if you have a reef. The only downfall is that it temporarily gives your silicone a slight green tint. Try it if you can find it. I only know of one store by me that sells it but it could be a popular item near you.