Anchoring coral frags to my tank rocks

quinconte

Hi Folks, I just bought some coral frags for my new tank and the lady at the LFS couldn't give me an idea on how to anchor these little squares with the coral on top to me tank rocks. Also, some of my rocks are live, others not. Which one these is better better?
Thanks!

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinconte http:///t/387476/anchoring-coral-frags-to-my-tank-rocks#post_3409826
Hi Folks, I just bought some coral frags for my new tank and the lady at the LFS couldn't give me an idea on how to anchor these little squares with the coral on top to me tank rocks. Also, some of my rocks are live, others not. Which one these is better better?
Thanks!
Hi,
Use Krazy glue GEL
to attach frags to rocks....I would place the new coral in the spot first for a few days, and see how happy it is there before anchoring it to a rock. All rock you place into the tank will get the good bacteria and live critters moving in...so after a week or so..all rock is live rock...one is as good as the other. That also includes sponges and decor...it all gets used as a home for something.

snakeblitz33

IF you are going to use super glue, only use the gel kind. Pure cyanoacrylate gel. :D
If you want to go another route, there's aquarium safe epoxy putty, which is a little more permanent.
Another way to do it is to rubber band them to a rock.
Yet even another way is to use some fishing line to tie them to a rock.
I like to use toothpicks on some corals like xenia to hold them into place.
You can attach those little squares to wherever you like in the aquarium, heck even the back glass if you want. It's your tank! lol.