anemome foot

hoycetee

my anemome foot unattached from under the rock the other day and has been sittin like this since the other day. any have an idea why

speg

Is the anemone loose? Or did it just move?
*If the anemone is loose and it stays unattached to anything it probably has a injured foot.
*If the anemone moved from where you had it.. no big deal.. they do that often.

hoycetee

well his loose and just sittin there heres a pic if that helps any. but ihave had him for 2 weeks now and after afew hours of him in there he attached under that rock, but now he's been like that for over 3 days now. is it normal for them to do that.
i have 2-250w 10k mh with some atinics for color, and my water is very stable
my tests are
0 amonia, nitrite, nitrates
8.1 ph
kepp salt between 1.024-1.025
temp between 78-79
heres a couple pics

speg

Its hard to say from a pic whats wrong. He is full and open though so he is at least mildly happy. I'd give him a bit longer and see what he does.

wrigley11

Leave the anemone's foot alone...
From the pic, it appears the anemone has settled in the sand. I'm not 100% sure which type of anemone that is(a little help here), but a lot of them will not bury their foot in the sand or substrate. They just sit on top...
However - leave the foot alone, if you cut or tear the anemone's foot, it will usually die. Making a huge unwanted mess of your aquarium...

crashedin0

if his getting blown around lower your current till he can get his footing agin
his might hav fallen and not been able to get up

J

jacob_poly

Looks like an LTA to me.....I had one before that would plant and unplant itself in the sand. It was a little clumsy at times but finally managed to dig itself deep into teh substrate after I provided a tiny rock enclosure around its foot. I would leave it alone for a few days and see if it can get its footing on its own. However, make sure that it does not get caught into a current and end up in a powerhead or anything.
Its foot looks fine to me......how deep is the substrate? I hope theres at least 4 inches of it.

T

thomas712

Excellent shot of the pedal disc, column looks good, full and open, oral disk appears healthy, only thing maybe is the tentacles look a bit pale. Nothing to really worry about yet. could just be the flash on the camera that makes them look that way.
When was the last time you fed him? and did he take the food well? I ask to find out if its still showing signs of being sticky.
Thomas

hoycetee

i have like 3-4 inches of sand and he is pretty sticky as i went to move im a little he stuck and his reaction was fast, he seems fine and eating i was just wondering why he would unattach and just stay like that, it has been 5 days now.

T

thomas712

A possibility if he went from a lesser lighting to a full amount of higher lighting.