Anemone HELP

tlubinski3

I am considered putting some anemone in my 55 gal. All my fish are reef compatible. I have many snails as well as one arrow crab. Will I have any problems with the arrow crab? Also, can someone tell me some tips to keeping anemones? I am considering the cheaper ones. Under $15. I think they are awesome and would like to have some. I have a 55g with sand. Any tips or warnings? Thanks for the info.
I currently have a coralife light in the tank and am looking at purchasing one or two small anemones. I am a college student and can't afford a $200+ light right now. I believe the light is 8K or 10K.

T

thomas712

It doesn't sound like you have the proper lighting for an anemone, even the so called cheap ones. I believe you may even be referring to the condylactis or one of the other Atlantic anemones which IMO just are not worth putting into our saltwater tanks.
I would wait until you can afford proper lighting for these photosynthetic animals then choose one of the hosting pacific anemones.
Thomas

pr_playero

yeah, don't get one I have wasted around $200 in long tentacle anemones and all have died cause of lights, I have 4 150 watt vhos and do not supply the light needed.