Anemone ID help???

camarogabi

I don't know what kind of anemone this is. And I don't know what to feed it. The guy didn't tell me what it was or how to care for it. He said it was good for clownfish. But my clowns haven't touched it. Help!!!

camarogabi

Are you absolutely sure? I just placed it in tank today between two small rocks, it stayed rather well. But my clownfish won't touch it. Is there a reason? What should I feed it? And what do I do to take care of it?

tthemadd1

Welcome to the anemone world.
1. All clownfish will not host to all anemones. As instinct they will usually host each other but not necessarily. It may just take time.
2. Anemones will take food when they are ready. Transitioning into a new tank can stress these animals for a few days. I feed mine white fish, scallops, shrimp chunks etc. I grind mine in mixer into chunks. Feed it to everything. Hand feed it and if it ready to eat it will pull it out of your hand.
3. Healthy water. Strong lighting.
4. You will find it will move where it wants like a snail. So don't try to put it one space and keep it there.

mrhudson

Go To **please do not mention competitor sites**. They have good pictures of reef and fish species.