Anemone & mushroom identification...?

zeromus-x

Greetings -- Decided to see if my tank is ready for some corals. The difficulty is that I've got a Hawaiian Blue-Spotted Puffer who likes to nip things. I'd tried a single polyp before and it didn't make it, so I decided to try mushrooms. Went to the LFS who sold me two small frags for a really cheap price to try it out. However, I have no clue what they are. One of the rocks they gave me with a mushroom on it also apparently has an anemone hitchhiking on it. It's beautiful, but I know nothing about it. My camera skills aren't all that great and my tank is kinda cloudy from some PurpleUP stuff, but hopefully you can make them out.
Mushroom and anemone:

Mushroom?:

View of the tank so you can see them in relation to other things to judge size:

The camera does them no justice, under actinics they're beautiful. The anemone has very bright green dots on it and is pink/purple, and stands right up off the rock a good 3/4" - 1". The mushroom on that rock is bright neon green. The other "thing" is pink and green and bright as well. They're all way bigger than they were when I first bought them about a week ago at the LFS; the anemone wasn't even really visible, and the two things in the 2nd picture were maybe the size of a quarter and half dollar; now they're open to probably 2-3".
I've also got this in my tank, which I was told was just a "leather coral" when I bought it. It's been doing just fine and has gotten much bigger, just like the other ones... but I don't know anything about it and it seems there are tons of "leather corals":

Anyway, any ideas here? More pictures? Let me know.
- Will

greggti

Yeah I think that anemone is a Majano, some people call it a Tulip anemone. I got two small ones that came out of nowhere. I will take care of it if they start to be a problem. Been there for about 3 weeks and haven't seen any more. I also have the mushroom in the 2nd pic. Not sure of the exact name. I think the coral in the 4th pic is a Nephthea. I got one of those two. Wait, did you steal my fishtank? :thinking:

cubb

The mushroom is a green striped mushroom. I love those things.
Click here if you want more info on it: https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=368&parent_category=4&category_search=62&root_parent_id=4&PHPSESSID=ce56552361d6d481c0ec87096b983d84 -CuBB Edit: Sorry. wasent thinking. Link changed. Just trying to be helpful. h*

zeromus-x

Well look at that. I picked up the whole rock with the mushroom and the anemone on it for about eight bucks. Guess I got a good deal there. Might want to remove that link though, since it's to a competitor's site!
If the anemone is a pest, it's a pretty cool looking one, I'll give it that. I'll keep an eye on it. I fed it a tiny piece of krill and it ate it right up in no time yesterday, which really surprised me. If it starts to spread, what should I do? I hate to get rid of it "just because".

zeromus-x

OK, no one has mentioned anything about the 2nd picture. Last night a small piece of krill landed on it, and it curled up and ... ate it? The one on the right in the picture (the smaller one). I woke up today and it's looking great, but the one on the left looks awful; looks almost dried out or something. Coincidence? I've been adding supplements to the water for the purple leather on the right of the tank (calcium and magnesium), and I assumed the things in the 2nd picture would eat them too, but should they be being hand-fed as well?