anemone newbie, help

kiger

I brought home a small bubble anemone yesterday. I had made a good home for him between two rocks. When I placed him there, he started to move, which I was o.k. with. This morning, it appears that he has found a place at the bottom of the tank, underneath some live rock. I don't think he will get enough light here. It is also in the back of the tank, out of sight. Obviously, I'd like him to be toward the front, but I won't force that if he likes the back. My concern is him getting the light that he needs. I have a 29 gallon tank. 4 65 watt lamps.
thanks
kiger

T

thomas712

I'd leave him alone for up to 2 weeks and let him decide what he wants to do. Give it some time. When he does surface, try to feed him. So far it sounds like pretty typical bubble tip behavior.
Thomas

tthemadd1

could be the change in lighting from the store caused him to move under some rock. Just give it time and the anenome will adjust to the lighting. I got one with a peice of LR and it stayed at the bottom of the tank for about a month and then one day decided to move up toward the top of the tank. It is now sitting on top of the rock. Looking pinker by the day.
Themadd1

kiger

thanks for the help. before i got back to these posts, i turned the rock over so he could get some light. he has sine moved a little, but still on top. i'll leave him be for a couple of weeks as suggested. thank you.
kiger