Anemone or no Anemone

monica

I have a 75 gal. fish only tank. I would love to have an anemone for my clown fish, but I have been told the lighting will be very very expensive and I shouldn't do it. (plus it would cause a lot of algue) I have ran my tank for about a year but I've only done fish. I want to do more but I have a lot to learn! Any advice on what lighting I would need or any advice at all would be very helpful. Thanks.

monica

I have a blue hippo, royal gramma, and a maroon clownfish. I want to get a couple more fish. I have a couple crabs. (and am going to get more) For lighting I have two strips with two lights in each. One strip has coralife 50/50. ( Nat. daylight 600K and Actinic 03 blue ) 2-24 inch side by side The other strip is what came with the hood. Two 20 watts 120 volt 60Hz side by side. I really have no idea what I am talking about with lighting so I hope I did good! I have two power heads that came with the fish tank because it was given to me by my inlaws. I have an AquaClear 300 filter. I am going to buy a skimmer for it also because it sounds like I should have one.???

panther g

with your current lighting you will not be able to keep any anemone. You will have to upgrade your lights to MH, Power Compact, or VHO because they need lots of light to thrive. This link can give you more info on <a href="http://home.pix.za/jv/jv79/reef/chosinganemone.html" target="_blank">Anemone</a>