Anemone problem !

bg

All of a sudden my bubble tip anemones bubbles are just dots now and its closed itself up. Water specs are good, do you think the 6 sexy shrimp that live on it are bothering it?? The first pic is yesterday and the second is this morning. Thanks.
Edit: The pic of yesterday was with the light on, this morning it had just turned on, not sure if that would have and bearing on it. It moved as you can see also.

meowzer

Sometimes Bubble tips have bubbles....sometimes they don't......that anemone looks too white....
Can you tell us about your tank...size, age, water parameters (#'s), lighting???
how long have you had the anemone?

bg

Tanks been up for almost a year now,50 gal, T-5 lighting, just checked water, all very close. I do weekly water changes because of small tank and no sump. I have a protein skimmer, 2 power heads, one with a filter cartridge. Ive had the anemone for two weeks now.I just noticed I cant find my red scooter, now that I think of it I didn't see him yesterday, Im going to check the tank some more.
Also I have a basic testing kit, what one do you recommend?? Thanks
Edit: I was just reading its not good to feed them more then once a week, Ive been doing mine everyday for the past few days.

cherylann

The pic looks like the anemone is shaded, and they come in many differernt colors but not usually so white. How far away from the lights is the anemone, do you have a deep tank. Sexy shrimp should not be a problem at all. And anemone close and retreat sometimes when spiltting, and they often split is conditions are not right as a means of survival.

bg

Wow, sorry for the false alarm but the bubbles are back out. Its still scrunched up, but looks much better. Does this mean it may split like you said, I have some other corals split when scrunched in half like this?

bg

Man that was weird, it was smooth and just white dots where the bubbles had been.....BTW its 16' from the light.

bg

LOL I actualy think it may be splitting, I can see a discolored line down it and looks like its lost its round shape....

oceandude

Splits are so cool. I'll try to find a pic of my LTA splitting, it's an awesome sight and I hope you get to see it happen.