Anemone question

steve40

I think its safe to assume that most people here put their hand in the water to feed it. Just put the food up to one of its tentacles and it will grab the food, its the coolest thing too. I just recently purchased a florida condi and its pretty cool to watch them eat.

alex.m

I don't know i tried that and i didn't see it eats anything. I think it just don't feel very good and i don't know why!

alex.m

I put it in a bucket that and slowly added water from the tank in it for about an hour. That what they told me to do:confused:

col

From what I've read here they need to be acclimated for 3 hours or so.
Also, it may need time to adjust to your tank.

alex.m

And I thought it was fine my clown loves it.since a first day it really didn't attach itself to anything. Where i put it the first time is where it sits now.Any idea? Anybody?

aileena

just keep an eye on it...i am by no means an expert and I am just learning about BTA's myself...
They will eventually attach sooner or later...keep tryin to feed it...try squid...mine really likes the squid for some reason...

jarvis

Im sure it is just adjusting. a healthy anemone will have sticky tenicals. What kind of lighting do you have? What type of anemone do you have? I perfer to place them into a decent size hole in a rock with lots of light. My theory is that they somewhat feel protected in the crevice of the rock, and not have a tendency to move around should the curent and everything else be to there liking.

broncofish

Wait till saturday to feed it. I always wait one week after acclimation, or splitting. It gives them time to adjust, plus if the anemone is a hesistant eater that means more time food is left lingering around the mouth, which could lead to a bacterial infection, and I have never seen ananemone recover from that. I use a feeding stick($2.99). Also if the anemone is quite small you can feed it small krill and brine soaked in ZOE.