ANemone speading out wide

syres1

I have a bubble anemone, when i first got her she was all nice together and had nice round bubble tips. Now she is all spread out and doesn't have hadely any bubbles. Why is that? Is she going down the drain or what? I have plenty of light , a wave make close by. I feed her 1 time a week. Help :help:

T

thomas712

A bubble tip anemone doesn't always have to have those bubbles at the tip of the tentacle, not sure why that is anymore, sometimes they just go away and come back later but its nothing to worry about.

syres1

oh ok, that sucks, looks much better with the bubbles. But my main concern is thet she is spreading out. You know bigger and less tenticles. Why is she doing that?

syres1

I have a coralife ....? 65 watt 10,000K and 65 watt True Actinic 03 Blue straight pin base compact fluorescent lamps
for my 20 gallon. Is that good or not so good?

backsidesa

10 people will say no....
but then you have people who will say yea its okay
this is what i run into when i asked this question:notsure:

syres1

well, ok, here is my problem. I got the brightest light i can buy for my size 20 gallon tank, 24 inches long. THAT LOOKS GOOD. Unless there is a 24 inch bulb that has more than 65 watts. That i dont know of. How many watts do i need per gallon? And finally a pic of my anemone on a good day. but u see the bottom right of her, thats how she usually looks all over.

bang guy

The Anemone looks good. I have a couple like that. The bubble tips come back under MH lighting but the Anemone shy away from the bright light.