anemone won't attach

thresher9

I got a long tentacle anemone two days ago and it still hasn't attached to anything. It's the kind that likes having it's foot in the sand bed. His tentacles are sticky, but not his base. I surrounded him with small pieces of live rock so he wouldn't float around. When he floats around the tank he mostly just gets stuck in the cave, but also he keeps almost hitting my corals that are on the sand bed with him. The clowns are a little counter productive and keep pushing away the little pieces of live rock and the anemone floats away. The clowns are very vigorous when they rub the anemone, so I can't just put a little sand around him. Don't anemones have to attach and then move to where they want to be or do they only rely on current? I've had bulb tip anemones before and they stuck right away and walked to where they wanted to be.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by thresher9 http:///t/397677/anemone-wont-attach#post_3545478
I got a long tentacle anemone two days ago and it still hasn't attached to anything. It's the kind that likes having it's foot in the sand bed. His tentacles are sticky, but not his base. I surrounded him with small pieces of live rock so he wouldn't float around. When he floats around the tank he mostly just gets stuck in the cave, but also he keeps almost hitting my corals that are on the sand bed with him. The clowns are a little counter productive and keep pushing away the little pieces of live rock and the anemone floats away. The clowns are very vigorous when they rub the anemone, so I can't just put a little sand around him. Don't anemones have to attach and then move to where they want to be or do they only rely on current? I've had bulb tip anemones before and they stuck right away and walked to where they wanted to be.
Hi,

It isn't a happy anemone that's for sure. You can't "place" an anemone, they have to find their own way, and the more you mess with it the worse it gets, so stop trying to "help" it along. Cover your power heads and all intake tubes so it doesn't get sucked up, and wait for it to do what it wants to do.