anemone

donnal

i got my anemone about a month ago he finley came out in yhe open and atached to a rock but i just looked at him and he has totaly closed up you can see no tinikles is this normal

mr . salty

Actually this does not sound normal...Tell us about your tank(how old,test readings,filteration,and most of all LIGHTING)

swifty

Not to go against Salty, but my anomone does that all the time. My LFS say's he is digesting his food, and usualy snaps out of it by the end of the day

donnal

my tank is 3 months old zero ammona zero nitrates phis between 8.0 and 8.2 calc. is at 6 it is a 55 gallon with 2 emporers. lfs tested water on sunday. the anemone is a white plain jane nothing fancy still to new at this for the fancy ones

donnal

the light on the tank is the name on the side is a smart light i have it set on a timer for 9 hour we have 25pounds ls and 100 pounds lr. i also wanted to know how they multipli

xrayman

I've had mine since Feb. actually before bed last night he done the same thing this morning he was opened up.He does this all the time for mine completely normal.

clarkiiboi

I have 3 anemones, each one closes up at times to see nothing but basically their footing. Its a normal thing in my tank. back again in the morning.

grouperman

i have a 55 gallon aggressive tank and a im lookin on starting a community tank (anemones,clowns,ect.) DO ANEMONES ONLY LIVE ON LIVE ROCK AND SAND?WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO GO?THANKS FOR YOUR HELP:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

donnal

we like the live rock from what i have leaned they atach to what they want and will move around on you i also learned today that they are a sexual

swifty

I dont have any live rock or live sand in my tank that i have my enemine in and the have been doing great for about 8 months now